Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Moment with the UN Secretary-General


I had the unparalleled experience of meeting UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon recently.  I am pictured here (if you can find me) with my intern colleagues in the General Assembly hall.  After the photo, Mr. Ki-moon gave a short speech about the importance of our role as interns at the UN and some thoughts about how bright our futures are.  I was impressed and inspired by his words.














I remember coming across a picture like this one while I was browsing the internet prior to my interview for this position.  I thought about what an honor it would be to be amongst those chosen to represent themselves, their countries, universities, communities and families, by working as an intern at the UN.  I am very proud to be the first University of Oregon grad student to have accepted this honor.  I'm also proud to represent my neighbors in Cottage Grove, Oregon, perhaps the most idyllic small town in America.  Thank you to all of you who helped make this experience possible for me, and for recognizing this accomplishment.

Thank you to Oregon Law who is currently featuring this story about my internship on their home page:
http://law.uoregon.edu/2012/04/16/kcoy-un/

No comments:

Post a Comment